08 February 2014

Musings on...Me

A Thinker
My most sincere and humble thanks to the time and talents of Mr John Murphy, for this most excellent sketch of a Modest Melancholiac--in short, of Me.

The brow's the thing: see how he captured the essence of the perturbed spirit! I might well have been depriving myself of the Blessed Bean, that most Noble of stimulants--in short, Coffee--for all that the (doubtless sympathetic) viewer can surmise.

Secondarily, I am particularly fond of the way he captured my cravat; which, I maintain, must of necessity be a thing perfect of its kind, regardless of swoonings upon a couch; of broodings; of wanderings lonely amidst daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray do me the great honour of posting a comment...

A Lifetime of Sydney Carton: Sir John Martin-Harvey

Poster, The Only Way , by Christopher Hassall This will be a relatively short introduction to what has been an obsession of mine...