11 September 2017

Coming this Thanksgiving: The Man Who Invented Christmas

From Celestyn Wordsworth-Nil: 

I confess myself intrigued by--though hardly yet certain of--the new trailer for the Dickensian "The Man Who Invented Christmas," coming to theaters this Thanksgiving, and presumably based on the book of the same title by Les Standiford.

Certainly, one can hardly go wrong with the cast: Dan Stevens, Christopher Plummer, Ian McNeice, and Dickens Experts Simon Callow and Miriam Margolyes.

I will suspend judgment for the present. However, I will certainly be there on opening day, if for no other purpose but to examine the cravats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pray do me the great honour of posting a comment...

A Lifetime of Sydney Carton: Sir John Martin-Harvey

Poster, The Only Way , by Christopher Hassall This will be a relatively short introduction to what has been an obsession of mine...